The maximum critical thing to don’t forget whilst the usage of puff pastry is which you don’t want it to get too heat.
If ought to be thawed from frozen, however now not unnoticed at room temperature for very lengthy.
Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
1 bunch asparagus (about 12-16 ounces)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
12 slices prosciutto
2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
1 egg beaten
8 ounces Gruyere shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to a large rectangle about double the original size. Square off edges and cut into 6 squares. (I use a pizza cutter to do this).
- Toss asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the bundles, place slice of prosciutto on top of the square. I folded the prosciutto in half so that it fit nicely on the square. Follow with 3-4 stalks of asparagus (depending on size) and 1-2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Lift two opposite corners of the puff pastry squares and wrap them around the asparagus and press to seal. Brush puff pastry with egg wash. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake until puff pastry is golden and puffed, about 12–15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Article Source : www.foxandbriar.com/prosciutto-asparagus-puff-pastry-bundles-appetizer/